Monday 25 January 2021

The #CreativeLife 2021- review of week 3

The week started off okay, with work to do and the prospect of a few hours of drawing and painting. I finished the preliminary inking of the bridge painting, and we started adding watercolours on Thursday evening. But on Friday morning things went downhill really fast.

I woke up exhausted. Not that unusual for someone struggling with hypoglycaemia. But what was unusual was that having a good breakfast (low GI cereal, nuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, coconut shavings, blackberries and blueberries, mixed with almond milk) had no impact because an hour later I was still feeling crap.

I decided to have coffee and two tiny hotdogs, (these mini rolls are from our local supermarket) spread with vegan butter, peanut butter, and a squish of syrup). Again an hour later, still really tired. Trust me, I was getting worried.

By now, I had tried to write the report of the tests I had done on Wednesday and Thursday, but I couldn't concentrate. Report writing is tedious, but there were still calculations to be done, so I had to concentrate to ensure that I didn't make mistakes. I gave up and decided to work on a simple drawing where I had already done the pencil outline. It helped me to relax, and with no expectations about finishing it, it turned out really well.

Lunch was stir-fried veggies and leftover jasmine rice that I heated up again. I added two eggs for some protein. I was trying to cheat my taste buds into thinking that it was a Chinese takeaway meal. It didn't taste too bad, I have to say.

It was a difficult day, but eventually, my body recovered and I felt okay after dinner. Lots of calories for sure, but the scale did not punish me too much on Saturday morning.

The planning for this week:

1. Finish that report will be my priority and then plan the tests on the next job as soon as I have all the samples and paperwork.

2. Since I usually finish the drawing for the Inktober52 prompt on Sundays, I have to do that as well. The deadline is Thursday, so enough time to get it done. I have found a reference image, I just have to do the drawing. I finished the outline yesterday.

3. For our art session on Thursday evening, I want to finish the bridge painting, but I will see how far everyone's progressed, to not work too fast.

Take care, stay healthy, and live creatively until Thursday!

●︙● Linzé  🇿🇦💜


A-to-Z blog challenge: Step V - action steps (part 6: time management)

  Welcome back to my blog, and thank you for sticking around during the challenge. Since I am writing about my process of creating a paintin...