Sunday 14 August 2022

The CreativeLife Week 32 in review

 Getting back into the groove today of writing a newsletter of sorts 🙋‍♀️ Hello again! I stopped the "official" newsletter because it was frustrating me once I couldn't add links of channels or websites of other people that inspire me. So it's back to my blog and here I can basically do whatever I want. Yay!

  So to start off here is the YouTuber that has been my most recent inspiration. Taria is a South African urban sketcher and the reason she has been inspiring me is that she shares her process raw - there is no hiding the difficulties she has with sketching. Check out her YouTube channel to see how she deals with the realities of sketching with a limited timeframe.

  My goal of editing the 5th novel in my Nations of Peace series, is making some progress. Editing is not my favourite activity, so the progress so far is surprising even to me. My editor, Carmen, is liking the story so far too, and that is always a bit of positive energy to keep me going. Cover ideas are brewing at the back of my mind, especially after our last art class.

  I poured two panels and one of them is telling me that it should be on the cover of a book. One of the ladies in the group spotted that potential almost immediately, and my brain liked that idea a lot. The painting is dry, but it needs a tweak here and there which is par for the course for poured paintings. I will do that this week and then it is ready to be digitised. Interested to see how it will work for a cover.

One of the corners of the book press I
made. Sorry about the busy background,
I had to do it on a table with painting stuff around.

  On Saturday I went out in the morning by myself, Hubs had something else going on, and while I was eating breakfast at a local shopping centre, a lady approached and asked me about my journal. The design of it interested her and it was fun telling her that I made it myself. I also showed her the tiny sketchbook that I carry in my bag which I also made myself. Bookbinding has been an interest for a while, and I finally made a book press (Hubs helped with the wood work) as the last tool for my kit. Excited about making more sketchbooks and journals with all the right tools now readily available.

  Lots of creative ideas on my plate for the rest of the year, and happy to share those with you as they come to life. 😀

August is a really busy month with all kinds of life stuff that needs to be done, but I will be back soon with more of my CreativeLife.

Thank you for reading!

Until next time,

💜🇿🇦 Linzé



Theme reveal: My A-to-Z blog challenge 2024

  It's been a while since I have taken part in the blog challenge. The problem is always coming up with new ideas so it isn't boring...