Monday 19 April 2021

The #CreativeLife 2021 A to Z Blog Challenge: P is for...

Pastels

When most of us hear the word pastels, we either think of subtle shades of colour or chalk pastels as a painting medium. Yes, pastel artworks are called paintings because of the painterly effects that they give.

I like pastels despite the dust they leave behind. The worst are the sticks, but the pastel pencils and the PanPastels are virtually dust free. I have been converted on the day I first used the pans, and prefer them and the pencils instead of the sticks.

PanPastel pans, Koh-I-Noor pastel pencils, and Faber-Castell half size pastel sticks, photo Linzé Brandon
A few pastels in my studio: PanPastels, Koh-I-Noor pencils,
and Faber-Castell half sticks

Which pastel sub-medium do you prefer to use in your paintings?

 Comments and sharing you art are most welcome on Twitter, thank you for visiting my blog today.

Until tomorrow!

❤️ Linzé 

A-to-Z blog challenge: Step P - action steps (part 3: painting the first layer of colour)

In the painting shown here, I painted the background first covering the whole surface with a buff titanium (tan) colour, starting in the mid...